True Lavender & Peppermint
Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender True) and Mentha piperita (Peppermint) 100% pure therapeutic essential oils.
Lavender essential oil is well valued for its relaxing, calming, soothing and sedative properties, and its ability to help relieve stress, anxiety, irritability and nervous tension. It’s also thought to reduce pain, enhance blood circulation and treat respiratory problems. Also it is identified as safe to use on children, adults and the elderly. Although peppermint essential oil is primarily known for its clearing and antiseptic properties. It’s most commonly used to help alleviate headaches, migraines, hay fever, sinus congestion and cold and flu symptoms, and it can also help soothe temper and assist with battling emotional fatigue.
Lemongrass & Lemon Myrtle
Cymbopogon flexuosus (lemongrass) and Backhousia citriodora (Lemon Myrtle) 100% pure therapeutic essential oils.
Lemongrass is a great favourite for stimulating your mind and reviving and energising your mood. Great for when you’re feeling exhausted! It is also beneficial for aching muscles, easing pain and helping to relax and soothe the body generally. Lemon Myrtle is prized for its anti-fungal, antimicrobial, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties, and is fantastic to help ease muscle pains and inflammation.
Heat, relax, and breathe in the aromatherapy!
HEATING, COOLING AND CARE INSTRUCTIONS
What a wheat bag will do when HEATED:
- Release heat gradually and evenly
- Relieve arthritic aches and pain
- Relieve stiffness in joints
- Increase poor circulation
- Relax and relieve aching muscles
- Relieve menstrual pain and cramping
- Reduce/relieve tension
- Help you to regain posture by relaxing tense muscles
- Provide relaxation and comfort
To use HOT: because many microwaves are different we highly recommend you microwave on high for one (1) minute only, then increase time if necessary to find your ideal setting – using 30 second increments only.
Remember to consider other times if using for the young and elderly. Never microwave for longer than three (3) minutes no matter how large the wheat bag! Place a cup of water in the microwave while heating your wheat bag to keep the grains hydrated. If the wheat is a little bit moist, it will hold the heat better and the wheat bag will last longer.
Take extra care when removing the wheat bag from the microwave as there may be steam emitting. We recommend you test if the heat is appropriate on your forearm before placing it elsewhere.
What a wheat bag will do when FROZEN:
- Release cool gradually and evenly
- Mould perfectly to your body straight from the freezer
- Reduce swelling
- Reduce bruising
- Soothe headaches or migraines
- Provide relief from insect bites or stings
- Cool you down on a hot day (try the shoulder shaped wheat bag!)
- Refresh tired eyes
To use COLD: Place the wheat bag in a plastic bag, seal and place in the freezer and leave overnight. When ready to use, remove from the freezer and take the wheat bag out of the plastic bag, then apply directly to the affected area you want to cool.
Some injuries are better treated with cold therapy than with heat.
Please consult your healthcare professional before commencing treatments of serious injuries.
- Do not leave unattended while the wheat bag is heating in the microwave.
- Do not exceed three (3) minutes of heating time as this may cause your wheat bag to burn.
- Do not let children microwave wheat bags unsupervised.
- Ensure the wheat bag is rotating freely in your microwave.
- Microwave use only – not for conventional oven or stovetop use!
- Excessive re-heating of the wheat bag can be dangerous especially when it hasn’t cooled down completely. Try re‐heating in ten (10) second increments or wait until completely cooled.
- Discard the wheat bag if you observe any of these signs:
- An over‐cooked odour, smell of burning or smoking/charring. Place the wheat bag on a non‐combustible surface to cool down, then throw away
- Add scent to your wheat bag by placing it, together with an opened bottle of essential oil, in a plastic tub. Place the lid on the tub and leave for 24 hours, giving time for the aromas to infuse your wheat bag.
- Do not wash or soak your wheat bag. If the fabric becomes stained – sponge away with a damp cloth.
- Store the wheat bag, when completely cooled, in a cool and dry place.