With the waters of the Dead Sea being renowned for their therapeutic effects since ancient times how could we not include them as a key therapeutic ingredient for our bath salts and scrubs range of products.
Dead Sea Salts contain 21 minerals including magnesium, calcium, sulphur, bromide, iodine, sodium, zinc and potassium. Although these essential minerals naturally occur in our bodies, they must be replenished because they are lost throughout the day.
These minerals are known to treat, detoxify, and cleanse our bodies.
Let’s take a look at the minerals I have mentioned above…
- Magnesium promotes quick healing of skin tissue and provides the skin’s surface with anti-allergic elements. Magnesium is also essential for cell metabolism.
- Calcium is an essential mineral, known to strengthen bones and teeth, and it also strengthens cell membranes and cleanses pores.
- Sulphur is a natural disinfectant (a constituent of certain vitamins). Sulphur is also known as a powerful detoxifying agent, as it works closely with the liver to rid the body of toxins.
- Bromide soothes the skin, relaxes body muscles, and calms nerves.
- Iodine is important for the correct functioning of the thyroid gland and it aids in the body’s metabolic exchanges.Sodium relieves stiffness and muscle cramps.
- Sodium is also a powerful detoxifying agent, helping cells retain nourishment and expel waste.
- Zinc, when applied topically, is known to protect the skin against sunburn and windburn. Zinc is also known to boost the immune system. Internally, it is a key factor in enzymatic regulation of cell proliferation.
- Potassium helps balance moisture in the skin and body, aiding in the reduction of water retention and in the nourishment of cells. Potassium also regulates the nervous system.
So you see, these minerals play an important role in our health and provide many benefits and have incredible properties on their own, but when combined, they are known to treat and heal many common conditions.
What are Dead Sea Salts Good For?
Our Skin Health and Anti-Aging
The skin is the largest organ in the human body and is also the most vulnerable. The minerals in Dead Sea salt help nourish and treat the skin in many ways, restoring balance and rejuvenating the outer and inner layers, making us appear younger and healthier.
Dead Sea salt are also known to be helpful with common skin disorders like acne, psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and dandruff. Acne is probably the most common skin disorder of all – 80-90% of all adolescents suffer from it. Dead Sea salt is high in sulphur, and sulphur is a powerful cleanser that has been proven to treat acne effectively. It is also a wonderful treatment for dry skin, as it nourishes the skin and replenishes moisture.
The high magnesium and bromide content in Dead Sea Salt is beneficial as an anti allergic due to its cleansing and detoxifying of the skin. Soaking in a bath filled with the mineral-rich salt a wonderful way to treat skin allergies and rashes.
Research into general Dead Sea benefits and the minerals found in Dead Sea Salt has shown a 40% reduction in the depth of skin wrinkling. The minerals also moisturize, detoxify and soften the skin and enhance relaxation of the body – making us not only look but feel younger.
Cellulite and Water Retention
One of the best ways to combat water retention is to drink more water. Another way to slim down quickly is to bathe in Dead Sea salts. Dead Sea salt water contains potassium, which is an important mineral in the treatment of water retention.
Cellulite is the result of fatty deposits that have broken through holes in the inner layers of your skin and have risen to the surface, creating a “cottage cheese” dimpling effect on your thighs and buttocks – and sometimes on your tummy and lower back. It’s perfectly normal, and perfectly annoying nonetheless. While diet and exercise can help the condition, bathing in Dead Sea salts works from the inside out, helping your body rid itself of toxins. The minerals released from the salt help break down deposits of these toxins that get trapped below the skin’s surface, making your skin look smoother.
Arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, back pain, and more have all been effectively treated with Dead Sea salts and Dead Sea mud. The Dead Sea minerals are absorbed while you soak in a bath or apply the salts in mud form and are known to provide effective relief from joint swelling, soreness and stiffness. This is due to the minerals improving blood circulation, which is necessary in reducing inflammatory response. This is combined with powerful detoxifying agents and general muscle relaxant properties. When the mud or water containing the salt has been heated, the ability of the elements to penetrate and be absorbed into the system is increased.
Stress has become a symptom of modern day life. Most of us can deal with small amounts of stress comfortably, however too much stress can affect us physically and emotionally.
Dead sea bath salts and mud treatments offer wonderful relief of these symptoms in several ways. There is nothing more relaxing than soaking in a tub of hot water. Your blood pressure will drop and your muscles will relax. Time out for yourself and from the demands of the day is extremely important. Bathing in sea salts also works by increasing circulation and detoxifying your body by removing by-products, which are formed during the stress.
Prolonged sleep disturbance can leave you feeling tired and run down, which in turn can lead to greater vulnerability to illness and disease. Soaking in a hot bath cleanses and relaxes the body, making it easier to sleep without interruption.
To assist with relaxing in order to fall asleep and to remove toxins, Dead Sea salt can be very beneficial.
Yes, even hair loss can be treated through the use of Dead Sea salts. Both men and women experience hair loss as a result of heredity, diet, hormone fluctuation, nutritional deficiencies and age. Rubbing dead sea salts into the scalp has been shown to improve circulation and stimulate hair re-growth.
So it’s exciting to see that Dead Sea salt can heal and treat a wide variety of conditions.
We have developed two exciting new products using Dead Sea salt, and of course aromatherapy…
- Dead Sea Salt Scrub with Lemongrass and Lemon Myrtle, especially for your skin health, and
- Tranquil Angel Bath Salts, so you can enjoy all the benefits of Dead Sea salts along with aromatherapy in a relaxing warm bath.
In the meantime we are looking at ways in which we can incorporate Dead Sea salt into more of our healing aromatherapeutic products… so stay tuned for more!